The Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA) is a research institute of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, established in 1986. Through its research the institute aims to improve the understanding of the relationship between education and the labour market. The overarching research theme of ROA is the acquisition and depreciation of human capital over the life course in relation to the dynamics of the labor market. This is studied in four research programmes. For more information about ROA and our services please click here.
Recent publications / news
- Oct17thLaunch of HBO Monitor website Since 1990 ROA has conducted the HBO-Monitor: an alumni study on labour market experiences one year after graduation. For many ...
- Oct04thEALE Conference 2016 Since 1993 ROA hosts the secretariat of the European Association of Labour Economists (EALE). The main activity of this association ...
- Sep22ndResearch memorandum: Educational mismatches for second generation migrants. An analysis of applied science graduates in the Netherlands Educational mismatches, i.e. diferences between the education attained and required for a job have been found to negatively affect earnings ...
- Sep19thPart-time chair: Dr. Wendy Smits Dr. Wendy Smits (Statistics Netherlands) has been appointed to the part-time chair Labour market flexibility: the employer’s perspective. >> Staff page
- Jul20thReport: Schoolverlaters tussen onderwijs en arbeidsmarkt 2015 [in Dutch] The report presents the results of the national graduate surveys (lower secondary education up to higher vocational education) that took ...
In the media
- Oct12thBlog: Wat praten ze hier raar! [in Dutch] Wat praten ze hier raar! blog, Neimed, 11 oktober 2016, Frank Cörvers
- Oct12thArticle: Leerlingen op scholen met hogere sociaal-economische samenstelling beter in wiskunde [in Dutch] Leerlingen op scholen met hogere sociaal-economische samenstelling beter in wiskunde, Demorgen, 14 september 2016, Barbara Belfi
- Sep12thArticle: Kind hoogopgeleide ouders vaker naar vwo [in Dutch] Kind hoogopgeleide ouders vaker naar vwo, Trouw, 8 september 2016, Didier Fouarge
- Sep05thArticle: Gunstige arbeidsvoorwaarden moeten lerarentekort in Randstad oplossen [in Dutch] Gunstige arbeidsvoorwaarden moeten lerarentekort in Randstad oplossen, Nationale Onderwijsgids, 24 augustus 2016, Frank Cörvers
- Sep05thArticle: Scholen lokken leraren naar Randstad met extraatjes [in Dutch] Scholen lokken leraren naar Randstad met extraatjes, AD, 24-08-16, Frank Cörvers